How to make our flu clinic COVID-safe
The health risk to your staff and our nurse at a flu vaccination clinic is low provided we all follow the precautions advised by health experts, including the below recommendations:
- In preparation for your clinic, please check that none of your staff are unwell with a fever and/or flu-like symptoms or should be in self-isolation (recently returned from overseas or COVID hotspots or been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus);
- Where possible, have one door to enter the room and another one to exit the room.
- Clean and disinfect any surfaces that are frequently touched, such as door handles, counters, phones, EFTPOS machines, lift and travelator/escalator handrails, light switches, amenities such as toilets, etc.
- During the clinic, please ask any staff waiting for vaccination or remaining in the area after vaccination to maintain social distancing. Consider running your clinic in larger areas where possible.
- Encourage hand washing before, and after, attending the vaccination clinic.