Do I need to get vaccinated against the flu?
You, or someone in your care, may need to get the flu vaccine if;
- You are pregnant
- Have an ongoing health issue
- You have no spleen or problem with your spleen
- If you are obese (BMI (Body Mass Index) over 40 kg/m2)
- You are Immunocompromised
- You are 65 or over
- You are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person aged from 50 years.
- You are Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander person aged 6 months of age and over
- You are a smoker
- You are a healthcare worker
- You work in an emergency service or essential community service
- You work in a residential care facility
- You care for, or live with, someone with reduced or impaired immunity
- You work in an abattoir or with farm animals or breed cats and dogs